SEO copywriting and strategy
Your website can be your strongest sales tool
Optimising your website for search engines may not be at the top of your list, but if it’s done right, it can make your website into your strongest sales tool.
The foundations of good website SEO
Every website should have a solid search engine optimisation foundation including:
- An optimised site map with strategically placed pages, sub pages and links that has been submitted to Google
- A focus keyword for each page, supported by semantically related keywords peppered throughout the page copy
- Well written titles and meta descriptions that act as an elevator pitch for each page
- Regularly updated content that provides helpful information to engage potential customers in your category (this is where blogs come in)
- External links from trusted websites pointing to pages on your website
- Optimised images that contain a descriptive filename and alt attribute description (this is an alternative description for the image if it can’t be displayed)
I follow Google’s Webmaster Guidelines for best practise SEO and only use white hat techniques.
I provide search engine optimised website copywriting and content that can help improve your rankings and get you found by the right people.
I like to break it down into four simple pillars:
Be relevant – keywords, titles and time on site
While Google doesn’t hand out its SEO recipe, we know that the key to ranking is relevancy. Google wants to serve up the most relevant pages to searchers when they run an organic search. Using the right keywords and keeping a low bounce rate contribute to relevancy scores.
Be trusted – sharable content and links
Google favours websites that appear to be trusted sources. Providing quality content that gets lots of shares and links from other trusted websites is a great way to show that you’re a trusted source.
Be current – updated content
Google favours websites that update their content regularly with tasty tidbits that provide interesting information to readers.
Be helpful – site maps and links
Help visitors by providing a website that’s easy to navigate and includes useful, enjoyable information.
My SEO services include:
- Keyword research
- Site map audits and strategy suggestions
- Title and meta tag writing
- Product descriptions for ecommerce websites
- Page copy for ecommerce website products
- Keyword focussed blog content
- Existing website copy review and SEO strategy
- New website SEO plans
- Search optimised content strategy
How a search optimised content strategy can boost your rankings
Content is one of the best ways to improve your SEO. Blogs are a great way to start boosting your search rankings but there is so much more to creating a strategic content marketing strategy.
Find out more about my search optimised content strategy services.
If you need some help with your SEO copywriting or strategy, drop me a line. I LOVE SEO and can come up with a simple plan to get you some Google love.